Interested in volunteering for this year’s faire? Please contact Lynne at email@example.com for information.
Have you ever wanted to be part of the Faire, but didn’t know where to start? Volunteering is a great way to get your foot in the door. There are several opportunities available.
1. Front gate: Responsible for selling tickets, stamping hands, and keeping track of how many patrons come through the gate, taking tickets and welcoming patrons to the Faire. You will also assist Security with “peace binding” weapons.
2. Security: Security personnel will, aside from normal Security duties, “peace bind” weapons, “keep the peace”, and assist patrons and Faire personnel as needed.
3. Kids Area: Kids Area crew will “entertain” our wee patrons in the Kids Gaming Glen, with games and crafts.
4. Faire Mom helpers: Bring snacks and water around to vendors, performers and volunteers. Cover vendors for privy and other breaks if needed.
5. Volunteers Food Tent: We’ve got a food tent just for our volunteers. Food tent volunteers will keep the food and supplies stocked, and keep the area clean through the day.
6. General volunteers: Fill in where needed so others may take a break and do just about anything not covered above.
BEFORE AND AFTER FAIRE
There is also a great need for helpers before and after Faire. There will be “work days” before Faire starts to get the site ready. Anyone is welcome to join in the fun. Vendors, cast , and independent acts as well as volunteers are welcome to come and help set up stages, put up signs and fences, anything and everything!
After the Faire is over we will need people to help with breakdown, clean up and storing stages and equipment for next year.
Questions? Please contact Lynne at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note all volunteers must be at least 18 years old, and all positions will require Faire appropriate garb. There is a VERY small amount of loaner garb available.
We look forward to hearing from you and working with you!